Mindful Living Program
AHC team invites you to experience true inner well-being, where you transcend your accumulated knowledge base & feel the true energy within your body & mind.
About Mindfulness Living
Living in our modern times, we spend so much of our wakeful moments working like mechanical machines and do not get time to focus on who we truly are, we are easily distracted by so many factors in society and are unable to focus on what we really need to or want to.
Frantic rush around us in daily life causes tiredness and restlessness which later lead to focus and concentration problems and a loss of control on emotions. When you don’t slow down and find peace of mind, unconsciously, you start to struggle with recurring patterns of stressful thought processes that get you stuck in your mind’s conditioning.
As the AfroWellness team, we are aware that every individual feels pressured about being successful and dealing with the requirements of the modern world. We have created Mindful Living program to guide and empower you to cope with modern life and transform the stress which disturbs our physical and mental well-being, into happiness. For A Better Quality Of Life, Heal Your Body & Mind Together.
Our approach in mindfulness living program comes with a set of graduated lectures, activities, workshops along with yoga, meditation and physical and mental detoxification programs. This way, our guests can restore their physical, mental, spiritual presence as well as adopt a different perspective and standpoint to themselves and life itself.
What is Mindful Living?
Mindful living is a deep philosophy and a great way to cultivate the moment to moment flow of energy within your body & mind, this emphasizes the importance of being in the present moment all the time. It is a state of being aware of yourself and your surroundings without thinking about the past or worrying about the future.
Mindfulness makes up the base for any successful mental health project that we lead. We keep it simple at AfroWellness mindful living programs, your present moment is your everlasting eternity. The key to mindfulness is to understand and try to apply mindful attitudes to our daily lives.
Here are 10 essentials to get started with Mindfulness:
Guide to Meditation;
Here are important preparations to start with;
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Sit somewhere where it is quiet.
- Sit somewhere you are comfortable.
- Make sure the environment is neither too cold nor too hot.
- Give yourself a timer. (stopwatch, phone app or alarm clock)
- Don’t be overly anxious about the time; The timer is just an aid to help you not worry about the amount of time that’s elapsed, in the early stages. It also creates clear start and end boundaries for your meditation. Initially set it for ten or fifteen minutes.
- Improved memory.
- A sense of peace.
- A sense of quiet energy, like your brain has rebooted.
- Improved productivity and the ability to prioritize things.
- An improved sense of alertness An overall sense of wellbeing that will also positively affect your health.
- Reduced stress levels.